Tuesday 20 September 2016

Genius Hour




In the next five weeks, I will embark on a genius hour project. A Genius Hour project is an independent research project to answer to a question. This project encourages students to take control of their own learning and explore a passion that might not be taught to them in the traditional classroom curriculum. It also teaches students to dig deep and break down what additional questions do they need to find the answers to and how to evaluate and apply that research. In turn teaching them the tools they need to navigate researching for a classroom project.



Genius Hour Question:

How can I start a Voice Lesson YouTube Channel?



Proposal:

    In order to start my own digital vocal studio, there are many small details I will have to develop and research before I can start my own YouTube channel.



First Week: The Basics

                  • Name and Logo
                  • Mission Statement
                  • Introduction Biography


Week Two: Set Up

                  • Research Successful YouTube Channels
                  • Research Vocal Lesson Plans
                  • Research YouTube Vocal Lessons


Week Three: Prep and Plan

                  • Set up a Recording Space
                  • Decide on Recording Method
                  • Make Lesson Plans


Week Four: Record and Edit

                  • Begin Recording Lessons
                  • Edit Lesson Recordings into Videos


Week Five: Finalize Product

                  • Post Lesson Videos on YouTube

This project will help me develop my organization for teaching vocal technique, and well as a beginning to open my own vocal studio in the future. It is also an excellent feature to my professional portfolio. A more personal benefit this project provides is it will give me an excuse to find time to sing, something I love and yet have been neglecting. 

"Those who wish to sing always find a song" ― Swedish Proverb

Why sing? 


Here are some benefits of singing. You don't need to be a professional to gain the benefits, it's good for every level of vocalist, even the shower singers!

Benefits of Singing, Mrs. Day





0 comments: