Friday 16 September 2016

Designing Your Blog


Make It Pretty

This post is for my fellow classmates that might want some help with designing their blog. I'm going to post a bunch of links to help you make it look as awesome as your posts are! 

For Templates:


CssAuthor - This has ready-made templates, inspiration, backgrounds, icons....anything your heart desires for design

Gooyaabi - This is where I got my original template, Lots to choose from and they have a comprehensive filtering tool so you can find exactly what you are looking for

For Customization:

GoogleSupport - This is a walkthrough on how to change your layout and the details of each section

Advance Customization:

Youtube - This video shows how to read hmtl and tricks to modify it. If you are a visual person and need a step by step "how to do anything", as you probably know already, Youtube is gold. Especially for modifying your blog!

HTML101- An article explaining how to read your blog's HTML

Centre Your Header - I needed this, maybe you will too 

Logo Creation:

JulieStoian - Article on How to Create a Blog Logo for Beginners 

Shopify - Article with 5 Easy to Use Online Logo Makers to Design Your Brand 


And Lastly, General Coding Tutorials:

W3Schools - Suggested by my coding husband, this site has literally anything you'd ever want to know about coding. 


When I find more sites or tricks, I'll edit this post and put them on! 


Happy Blogging Friends!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey

A great website to learn CSS and HTML is codeacademy.com, it taught me all my basic CSS and HTML skills and other programming skills to.

Another resource site is https://www.tutorialspoint.com/tutorialslibrary.htm
which provides a great list of descriptions of individual functions